Heading comments.

Just a few little reviews here and there to save you from watching something horrible, or making sure you get in on some of the cinematic epiphanies of our generation (and also because David and Margaret don't always get it right)...

Sunday, 4 September 2011

Transformers: Rise of the Fallen

Synopsis: Just when you thought Transformers couldn't get any more Epic, with a capital E.

Review: I was skeptical about seeing this film as I had already heard mixed reviews and after having the Transformers bar already set fairly high by the first films I braced myself for disappointment. Let me just say that for the first half an hour of this film I could not wipe the smile off my face. The technological carnage ensues from the outset with a number of new Transformer characters (in the form of vehicles that would arouse Top Gear viewers) introduced in the first scene with Michael Bay's "action directing" taken to a new level. If you're looking for a complex plot, well developed characters and a twist at the end, go watch a Tarantino film. If you're a man, with hair on your chest, who likes things being blown up, cool cars, a ludicrous amount of military equipment and destruction by bio-tech lifeforms the likes of which you've never seen, this is the film for you. My one criticism would be that the film goes a little long (160 minutes, schedule in toilet breaks), and Megan Fox needs running lessons.

Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment